Wednesday, January 30, 2013

One Little Word....NEW

I am taking a class with Ali Edwards called One Little Word http://www.bigpictureclasses.com/classes/onelittleword2013/? The first assignment was to make 12- 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch cards with your intentions/action for the next 12 months. Since I seem to have a problem following the rules I preceded in my own way with two of my favorite mediums...fabric and thread.

I first lightly glued, then sewed the fabric to the card stock.



I then printed words and intentions on  ink jet printer fabric



and randomly placed them on the cards and sewed them down



I glued decorative card stock to the back where in the months to come I will be able to record my actions.




I chose  some photos of my self (part of the assignment) and some hearts...my favorite shape.


I must say at first I was not looking forward to doing this assignment. But I found once I let go and interpreted if in my own way I really enjoyed the processes.

I am looking forward to a year of NEW

LOVE

19 comments:

  1. That is absolutely brilliant, Mary. What incredible creativity. I love the way it turned out. You really made this your own. Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So incredibly creative! I'm so glad you didn't follow the rules...these are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! A fellow rule breaker!!! I loved how yours turned out and they are YOU and that is the best part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe Sarah you put the idea in my head in the first place :):):)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous colors!!! What a clever idea to sew them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Julie.... LOVE color and my machine :)

      Delete
  5. It's great how you merged your talents into a 'NEW' take on an assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool! Love how colorful it is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that's what Ali would want you to do. Great work and love your own interpretation

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fab! Bright and cheery...a great project for a NEW year of NEW!!!
    Nicely done! Have you recorded any NEW actions or inspirations on any of the backs yet?

    Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  9. So creative. They look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. They were a lot of fun to make.

      Delete