Friday, February 28, 2014

Sometimes it takes a little push

No. 14 on my 14/2014 list....back to quilting.

After some encouragement from a friend to enter in to a show that would be hanging at the Traverse City State Hospital, I made myself sit down at my machine. After all the road blocks last year, it was the last thing I felt like doing. Surprisingly I had forgotten how much I love my machine and creating with it. It felt GOOD.



I would never have done this if my friend, Robin had not stuck on me.She is always wonderfully encouraging... a 'do-er".   I knew I had to get to it. (I don't know about you but it seems I work better when I set a time goal).

Not only did it rejuvenate me..... I also sold 3 quilts at the show !!

I think we all could use to "push" each other when a "push" is need.

One of my sold quilts "Zentangled"

12 comments:

  1. You're very talented! I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Mary! The time goal is my best friend for things like this. Congratulations. I love my machine also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Helen and Beverly !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting for you Mary. Too bad we weren't up there to see it hanging there. Congratulations on the sales!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sarah and Diana. Next time Sarah,

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your work, a fantastic use of colour and design congratulations on your sales...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're a wonderful artist and a great friend! Congrats on your success.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you been quilting these past few months? I unset and about someone giving you a push. I need one all the time.

    ReplyDelete